Nếu gặp đề bài Describe an interesting old person you met ở trong phòng thi thực chiến thì bạn hãy sẽ xử lý như thế nào để chinh phục được band điểm mục tiêu mà mình mong muốn?
Bài viết dưới đây IELTS Learning sẽ gợi ý bài mẫu cho chủ đề “Describe an interesting old person you met” cùng với những dạng câu hỏi thường gặp và hướng dẫn cách trả lời một cách tự tin hơn cho chủ đề này. Đồng thời, bài viết cũng sẽ giới thiệu về những từ vựng cần thiết và những cách diễn đạt hiệu quả, ấn tượng.
Đề bài Describe an interesting old person you met
Describe an interesting old person you met. You should say:
- Who this person is
- When/ where you met this person
- What you did
And explain why you think this person is interesting.
Các chủ đề tương tự Describe an interesting old person you met
Các ý tưởng và từ vựng trong bài mẫu Describe an interesting old person you met trên có thể được dùng để phát triển những chủ đề sau:
- Describe someone you want to become in the future: I want to become someone as cool as my grandma in the future.
- Describe someone you would like to work or study with: My grandma is an excellent co-worker who are willing to ﬁght for fairness in the workplace.
- Describe an intelligent person you know: My grandma is intelligent (because of the cool gadgets and antiques).
Từ vựng liên quan Describe an interesting old person you met
- Hero (noun): a person who is admired for having done something very brave or having achieved something great – anh hùng
- Benevolent (adj): kind and helpful – nhân từ
- In his 70s (prepositional phrase): in the age from 71 to 79 – trong những năm 70 tuổi
- Well-built body (noun): a person who is large and strong – thân hình cường tráng
- As fit as a fiddle (idiom): healthy and strong – khỏe mạnh
- Cultivate (verb): planting – trồng trọt
- Extended family (noun): a big family – gia đình lớn
- Decision maker (noun): a person who make decisions – người quyết định
- Give others hand (idiom): help – giúp đỡ người khác
- A good sense of humour (noun phrase): very good at making other people laugh – có khiếu hài hước
- The life and soul of a party (idiom): a person who is very lively and entertaining on social occasions – tâm điểm của mọi hoạt động
- A person of his word (phrase): a person who never breaks their promises – người giữ lời hứa
- Unparalleled (adj): not the same – không có gì bằng
Xem thêm: Bài mẫu How would you describe yourself IELTS Speaking
Sample Speaking: Describe an interesting old person you met
Tham khảo bài mẫu Describe an interesting old person you met IELTS Speaking.
To tell you the truth, I recently met an interesting elderly lady while I was visiting my grandparents in their small town. Her name was Mrs. Smith, and she was a retired school teacher. I met her at the local library, where she was volunteering her time to help out with the children’s reading program.
Mrs. Smith is a woman with a very kind and gentle personality. Despite being in her late 70s, she was still very active and had a great sense of humor. She was always smiling and had a twinkle in her eye. She was also very knowledgeable and had a wealth of stories to tell.
During my visit, Mrs. Smith and I spent a lot of time talking about her life and experiences. She told me about her time as a teacher and the students she had taught over the years. She also shared stories about her travels and the places she had seen. To be honest, she was a great storyteller, whose tales captivated me so greatly.
I think Mrs. Smith is an interesting person because she’s so full of life and energy. On top of that, her wisdom gives her a lot of knowledge to share. She’s a great role model, which is why I’m so glad I had the opportunity to meet her.
Một số từ vựng ăn điểm được sử dụng trong bài mẫu Describe an interesting old person you met IELTS Speaking Part 2:
- A twinkle in one’s eye (idiom): ánh mắt đầy hạnh phúc
- Knowledgeable (adj.): hiểu biết
- A wealth of sth (n.): rất nhiều
- Captivate (v.): thu hút
- Full of life (adj.): tràn đầy sức sống
- Wisdom (n.): sự uyên bác
- Role model (n.): hình mẫu
Câu trả lời mẫu Speaking Part 3: Describe an interesting old person you met
Tổng hợp một vài câu hỏi part 3 có liên quan tới đề bài Describe an interesting old person you met Part 2 ở trên. Tham khảo ngay câu trả lời bên dưới để rút ra nhiều ý tưởng và từ vựng hay ho cho bạn nhé!
1. Do you think old people and young people can share interests?
Yeah, definitely! This’s because intergenerational activities are becoming increasingly popular, so they can provide an opportunity for people of different ages to come together and learn from each other. For example, older people can share their wisdom and life experiences with younger people, while the latter can teach the former about new technologies and trends.
This can help bridge the gap between generations and foster mutual understanding and respect. Besides, there are many activities that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, such as playing board games, jogging, or participating in sports. Therefore, I believe that the old and the young can share and benefit from the same hobbies.
- Intergenerational (adj.): giữa các thế hệ
- Wisdom (n.): sự uyên bác
- Bridge the gap (v.): thu hẹp khoảng cách
2. What can old people teach young people?
To me, there are numerous valuable lessons that the elderly can teach the youth. First, they can impart wisdom and knowledge that comes with experience. For example, they can share their life stories, which can help young people gain insight into the world and how to navigate it.
Additionally, old people can show young people the importance of resilience, perseverance, and patience. They can also provide guidance on how to handle difficult situations and how to make the most of life. All in all, old people can provide invaluable lessons to young people that can help them become better, more well-rounded individuals.
- Impart (v.): truyền lại
- Gain insight into (v.): có được cái nhìn sâu sắc về
- Resilience (n.): tính bền bỉ
- Perseverance (n.): tính kiên trì
- Invaluable (adj.): vô giá
- Well-rounded (adj.): toàn diện
3. Are there benefits when one person is interested in another person? Why?
Yes, of course as it can create a sense of connection and intimacy between the two people. This can lead to a deeper understanding of each other, which can help to foster trust and respect. Apart from that, it can result in increased communication, which may enable people to build up a more meaningful and fulfilling relationship. All of these benefits can help to create a strong and lasting relationship between two people.
- Intimacy (adj.): sự thân mật
- Fulfilling (adj.): viên mãn
- Lasting (adj.): lâu dài
Trên đây là bài mẫu Describe an interesting old person you met IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3 mà IELTS Learning đầy đủ nhất. Chúc các bạn ôn luyện thi một cách hiệu quả và chinh phục được điểm số thật cao trong kỳ thi thực chiến. Và đừng quên thực chiến chiến với môi trường phòng thi 30 phút mỗi ngày cùng Describe an interesting old person you met của IELTS Speaking để bứt phá band điểm, nâng cao các kỹ năng và tự tin chinh chiến!